According to STATSAccording to STATS
Texas Rangers at Detroit Tigers
- This will be the first meeting between the Rangers and the Tigers in 2017. Detroit has won the last two games in this series after Texas had taken the previous six.
- The Rangers enter this weekend riding a nine-game win streak. Texas has scored at least four runs in every game during this current win streak. The last time the Rangers had a longer win streak in which they had 4+ runs in each game was when they did it in a franchise-record 14 consecutive games, May 12-27, 1991.
- J.D. Martinez made his season debut on May 12 after starting the year on the DL with a foot injury. His five home runs and 11 runs batted in since May 12 are tied for first and first, respectively, in the majors.
- After batting just .214 through games of May 8, Jonathan Lucroy is hitting a blistering .500 (11/22) during the Rangers' current win streak.
- Nick Martinez is winless (0-2) in his five starts this season. Although he's been solid in his three home starts (3.32 ERA, .225 opponent BA), he has struggled in his two road appearances (7.94 (10/11.1) ERA, .347 (17/49) opponent BA), giving up five home runs in his 11.1 innings of work.
- Daniel Norris has given up just two home runs in his 37.1 IP in 2017. That 0.48 HR/9 rate is well below his career rate entering this season (1.32 HR/9).
Notes Applicable For Series Dates: 5/19/2017 thru 5/21/2017
No preview is available for this game