According to STATSAccording to STATS
Cleveland Indians at Houston Astros
- The Indians took two of three from the Astros in Cleveland April 25-27. The clubs have split their last six meetings in Houston.
- At 13-3 (.813), Houston owns the best record in the majors this month The Astros are on pace to break their franchise mark for their best win percentage in the month of May; the current mark is .769 (20-6), which they set in the 1969 season.
- Opponents have had little success trying to run against Cleveland this season, as the Indians are the only team in the majors that has an opponent stolen-base success rate of less than 50.0%. Opponents have 12 SB against Cleveland but have been caught stealing 13 times (48.0%).
- Jose Altuve went 4-for-5 with two doubles and two triples in Wednesday's win over the Marlins. It was his 21st career game with 4+ hits (first in 2017), but the first time he has ever had 2+ doubles and 2+ triples in the same contest.
- Mike Clevinger has allowed just four hits in his 10.0 innings of work this season (.129 (4/31) opponent BA), but he has struggled with his control, walking nine batters. Clevinger was recalled from Triple A Columbus on May 7 after going 3-1 with a 1.50 ERA and walking 10 batters in 30.0 IP in six minor-league starts.
- Charlie Morton has won each of his last four starts. This is the second-longest such streak of his career; he won six consecutive starts September 16, 2014-June 16, 2015 (streaks exclude any relief appearances).
Notes Applicable For Series Dates: 5/19/2017 thru 5/21/2017
No preview is available for this game