According to STATSAccording to STATS
Philadelphia Phillies at Pittsburgh Pirates
- This will be the first series in 2017 between these in-state rivals. The Pirates took four of the seven meetings between these clubs in 2016.
- A whopping 65.8 (25/38) percent of Philadelphia's games this season have been decided by two or fewer runs; that percentage leads the majors. The Phillies are 9-16 in these contests.
- The Pirates defeated the Nationals 10-4 on Thursday, improving to 11-0 on the season when they score six or more runs in a game. Washington (16-0) and Atlanta (10-0) are the only other teams still undefeated in 2017 when scoring 6+ runs in a game.
- Tommy Joseph is batting ,383 and has five home runs and a 1.303 OPS this month. Those numbers rank third, tied for fourth and first among NL players, respectively. Joseph struggled in April, batting .179 with one homer and a .476 OPS.
- Jeremy Hellickson has only walked eight batters in his 43.2 innings of work this season. That 1.65 BB/9 rate is fifth best in the majors (minimum 1 IP/team G). In fact, Hellickson has allowed more home runs in 2017 (9) than he has walks.
- Trevor Williams' victory over the Diamondbacks on May 13 was his first major-league win as a starting pitcher. After allowing 11 runs (9 ER) in 7.0 innings of work over his first two career MLB starts, he held Arizona to just one run in 5.0 IP. This will be his first career appearance against the Phillies.
Notes Applicable For Series Dates: 5/19/2017 thru 5/21/2017
No preview is available for this game