According to STATSAccording to STATS
San Francisco Giants at St. Louis Cardinals
- This will be the first meeting between the Giants and the Cardinals in 2017. St. Louis won four of the seven meetings between the clubs last season.
- San Francisco saw its season-high five-game win streak snapped when it lost to the Dodgers 6-1 on Wednesday. With the loss, the Giants remain winless (0-13) this season when they allow six or more runs in a game.
- The Cardinals (2.85) are the only team in the majors with a sub-3.00 ERA this month. They posted a 4.08 team ERA in April. This 1.23 ERA improvement from April to May is the best in the majors.
- Aledmys Diaz has put 25.9 percent of the pitches he has seen in play this season, which is the highest percentage among NL players (minimum 3.1 PA/team G). He's batting .267 on balls in play.
- Of the 53 total hits that Matt Moore has allowed this season, 26 have been for extra bases. That is tied with Tyler Anderson and Rick Porcello for the most XBH given up by any pitcher in 2017.
- Michael Wacha is 1-0 with a 1.88 (5/24.0) ERA in his four career starts versus the Giants. The only pitcher with a longer active streak of consecutive starts versus the Giants from the start of his career without suffering a loss is Homer Bailey (8) (streaks exclude any relief appearances).
Notes Applicable For Series Dates: 5/19/2017 thru 5/21/2017
No preview is available for this game