According to STATSAccording to STATS
Miami Marlins at Oakland Athletics
- The Marlins fell to an MLB-worst 4-16 in May following Sunday's 6-3 loss at the Dodgers. Miami's 5.28 team ERA in May is the highest for the franchise since May of 1998 (5.92).
- The Athletics are one of two teams yet to play an interleague game this season (Dodgers). Oakland went just 2-8 at home against NL opponents last season, including a current franchise-long seven-game losing streak.
- Derek Dietrich recorded back-to-back multi-hit games in the final two games at Los Angeles on Saturday and Sunday. It marked the first time Dietrich had multiple hits in consecutive games since July 4-6, 2016 at the Mets.
- Chad Pinder homered for the second game in a row while also adding a double in Sunday's loss to the Red Sox. Pinder is the first A's rookie to homer in back-to-back games since Ryon Healy on August 14-15, 2016.
- Jose Urena suffered his second straight loss after giving up three runs (one earned) on six hits over 5.2 innings against the Astros last Wednesday. Urena's 1.53 ERA through three starts is the lowest by a Marlin since David Phelps in 2015 (1.53).
- Jesse Hahn took the loss at the Mariners last Wednesday after allowing four runs (three earned) on five hits in five innings. Hahn has now tied a career-long streak by going winless in five consecutive starts.
Notes Applicable For Series Dates: 5/23/2017 thru 5/24/2017
No preview is available for this game